Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Surgery


November 18th I had surgery on my foot to correct the bunions that had formed thanks to my Army Boots.
They ended up having to do a little more than what they expected. I now have a plate and 6 screws in my right foot.
It made things a little interesting for Thanksgiving but luckily Eric and his friends decided it would be better for me to hold our group dinner at our house so that I don't have to move around as much.
At this point I am going to be on crutches for about 5 weeks. I am not suppose to put much weight on my right foot. Pretty much the only thing I am allowed to do is put down my heel to help me balance.
After I am out of crutches they are going to put me in a walking boot. The discharge papers said no strenuous activity for 90 days. I think I am going to go crazy.
I hope everyone had a great holiday and got to enjoy time with their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment